Temptation is every where we/I go. I love my new job, but in the office there is an alluring dispenser full of M&M's and a lovely candy dish filled to the brim.
The smell of chocolate alone is inviting and the fact that they are an arms length away doesn't help. Everyone knows I've lost weight and follow Weight Watchers and the ladies in the office all would like to lose a few pounds. So why the candy - for visitors. My feeling is even the visitors don't need chocolate. If you want to put something out for visitors then fill the bowl with mints or hard candy.
Even my dance studio has a large jar filled with candy. It's hard after a long day at work to go to the dance studio and not eat some chocolate. After all you are running on empty and you know the caffeine in the candy will give you a boost so what do you do?
Here's my energy boost list:
- Almonds - I always keep them in my gym and dance bag
- Trial mix
- Green 'energy' tea bags - yogi brand. I keep them in my purse
- Fresh fruit - apples, oranges, banana, etc.
- String cheese or individually wrapped cheeses
Take your lunch or a snack with you:
- Peanut butter sandwich- high in protein and energy
- Oatmeal in a heat up container - it's not just for breakfast
- Hummus or Salsa with Pop chips or a low calorie chip
- Chicken or turkey sandwich with lettuce & tomato
On the go? Buy this instead of going to the fast food restaurant:
- Yogurt - low fat or fat free
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Sunflower seeds
- Raisins and nuts
- Cottage Cheese
There's lots more this is just my 'go to' list. Make your own and don't starve yourself. You'll end up binging later.